10 Reasons Why you Should Read and Eat Chocolate
Eating chocolate while reading can improve your vision, help the brain, oh ya, and it's the perfect delicious snack.
Here are 10 awesome reasons why you should be pairing chocolate with your next book.
Why You Should Read and Eat Chocolate
- Let's start with reason number one, CHOCOLATE IS AMAZING! We can end it here, but let's continue.
- Do you enjoy reading at the beach, in the garden or at a park? Dark chocolate is full of flavonols that helps protect the skin against sun damage. It shouldn't be a replacement for sunscreen. However, applying sunscreen, munching on a dark bar of chocolate from your Kekao Box and enjoying Vitamin D could be what the soul is looking for.
- Does reading make you feel good? If you want to experience the perfect euphoria try combining the novel you can't put down with a chocolate bar. Chocolate has phenylethylamine or PEA, which allows the brain to release endorphins. Endorphins are the things that make our bodies feel good, so double down with reading and chocolate.
- Chocolate bars and chocolate wrappers make for the perfect bookmarks. The darker the chocolate, the stronger the scent it will leave on the book. You can enjoy the aroma throughout the entire book.
- Do you struggle with remembering how the story left off when you get back into a book? Well, chocolate can help prevent memory decline - this means you have to grab a bite before you start reading, no excuse.
- Are you reading this and starting to crave delicious chocolate? Or want to try all the benefits? Check out our Kekao Box. We search the world for the finest craft chocolate bars and bring them right to your doorstep monthly. From rich dark Peruvian chocolate bars to new start-up chocolate bars on the come up, you never know what you get inside the box! Each month we will curate 4 to 5 premium specialty crafted chocolate bars.
- We all know reading isn't always for pleasure. Next time you are struggling to get through a scientific paper that you have to finish, reward yourself. Take a bar of chocolate to make it through, or reward yourself at the end.
- After a long day, your eyes get tired and blurry. Chocolate to the rescue! Chocolate helps improve vision, so next time you want to sharpen up the late-night reading, take a piece of chocolate.
- Are you reading and it is stressing you out? Take a chill pill a.k.a chocolate bar. Chocolate contains magnesium, a compound well known for aiding relaxation in individuals. Call chocolate your chill pill.
- Okay lastly, and most importantly chocolate is absolutely delicious and pairs with almost anything including books!
From rich dark Peruvian chocolate bars to new start-up chocolate bars on the come up, you never know what you’ll get inside the box!
Each month we will curate 4 to 5 premium specialty crafted chocolate bars.
Have someone who you appreciate? It also makes a great gift!
If you want to just try a couple of bars, check out our online chocolate shop! It's a selection of what we have curated in our past boxes.If you have any questions regarding this blog, our Kekao Box, or premium specialty crafted chocolate bars, feel free to contact us! Keep up with us by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.